Df-mp successfully defends further nullity actions in patent dispute for…
Keith Withers works with both the biotechnology and pharmaceuticals practice groups of df-mp. His scientific background includes the fields of biophysical, organic and electro-chemistry, molecular biology and microbiology. An important part of his responsibilities relate to the drafting and prosecution of European patent applications, particularly in his areas of particular technical expertise. Keith Withers also assists with opposition proceedings before the EPO and patent litigation cases, and he also investigates patent validity and infringement issues in connection with freedom-to-operate and due diligence projects.
- European Patent Attorney
- Barrister & Solicitor (Ontario, Canada)
references and activities.
- Author and co-author of scientific publications in the field of microbiology and protein biochemistry
- Invited speaker at various international intellectual property conferences.
- “Targeting of neutral endopeptidase 24.11 in polarized cells”, P.Crine, F. Jalal, C. Lanctôt, D. Corbeil, G. Waksman, G. Lemay, H.K. Withers & G. Boileau; Biochemical Soc Trans 21: 668-672, (1993).
- “Expression of multiple cytochrome b556 species in aerobically-grown Escherichia coli”, H.K. Withers & P.D: Bragg; Current Microbiol 22: 359-363, (1991).
- “Potentiometric and spectroscopic properties of the cytochrome o complex of Escherichia coli” H.K. Withers & P.D: Bragg; Biochem Cell Biol 68: 83-90, (1990).
- “Cytochrome pools in membranes of Escherichia coli grown aerobically on l-proline”,” H.K. Withers & P.D: Bragg; Biochem Cell Biol 68: 83-90, (1990).