The pharmaceutical companies Hexal and Teva may continue to sell…
His scientific background covers the fields of organic and inorganic chemistry. Dr. Schimmel coordinates and handles patent application proceedings before the German and European Patent Offices and prepares patent nullity proceedings before the Federal Patent Court. Dr. Schimmel is also a member of the trademark and design departments. He is responsible for application and opposition proceedings for German and European trademarks as well as their enforcement and defence.
- German Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark Attorney
- European Design Attorney
references and activities.
- Author and co-author of numerous scientific publications in the field of organic chemistry
- Teva GmbH vs. OSI Pharmaceuticals & Pfizer Products Inc.: represented Teva in a nullity action against the EP patent relating to Pfizer’s blockbuster anti-cancer drug Erlotinib / Tarceva®
- Trimethylstyrene: A Linear Free Energy Approach”, H. Mayr, A. R. Ofial, H. Schimmel, Macromolecules 2005, 38, 33-40.
- “Determination of Rate Constants in the Carbocationic Polymerization of Styrene: Effect of Temperature, Solvent Polarity, and Lewis Acid”,P. De, R. Faust, H. Schimmel, A. R. Ofial, H. Mayr, Macromolecules 2004, 37, 4422-4433.
- “Determination of the propagation rate constant in the carbocationic polymerization of 2,4,6-trimethylstyrene”, P. De, R. Faust, H. Schimmel, H. Mayr, M. Moreau, B. Charleux, J.-P. Vairon, Polym. Prep. 2003, 44, 804-805.
- “Initiation and Propagation Rate Constants for the Cationic Polymerization of N-Vinylcarbazole”, H. Schimmel, A. R. Ofial, H. Mayr, Macromolecules 2002, 35, 5454-5458.
- “Influence of Chain Length on the Electrophilic Reactivitiy of Carbocations”, H. Mayr, H. Schimmel, S. Kobayashi, M. Kotani, T. R. Prabakaran, L. Sipos, R. Faust, Macromolecules 2002, 35, 4611-4615.
- “Reference Scales for the Characterization of Cationic Electrophiles and Neutral Nucleophiles”, H. Mayr, T. Bug, M. F. Gotta, N. Hering, B. Irrgang, B. Janker, B. Kempf, R. Loos, A. R. Ofial, G. Remennikov, H. Schimmel, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2001, 123, 9500-9512.